Sunday, May 6, 2012

With Faith Filling In My Empty Hand



We're too young to be this sad.

I've learned that being mad, or even sad gets you nowhere. Although I think, we all have had that understanding within us ever since day 1 - we just chose to ignore it because we prefer being in a rut rather than looking at the brighter side of things.

I know it's a long run until I can actually reach my happy ending, so I suppose all I can do now is work my way up so that in the end it'd be worth it. A short term sacrifice for a long term happiness. And I needn't be too hard on myself over anything dainty, life is too short to take everything too seriously.

Sometimes when some mishaps occur, you just gotta laugh it off. And don't absorb everything people has got to say about you because it will only risen your insecurity level, and that is definitely unhealthy for your self-esteem. I've been shutting off whatever bad thoughts and talks about me for a while now and trust me, it may not be the most advisable thing to do because sometimes we do need to listen to comments no matter how nasty just to know what's wrong with us, but it is the most considerable. Judgments can be pretty harsh and the world can be really hard on us sometimes.

And that is why sometimes, we just have to drop everything and breathe.

I always thought to myself that logically, I'm still young. Why must I twist everything into believing that I've got the weight of the world on my shoulders? Sure I've been through hell and back before but so has plenty other people. And I don't mean teens my age who whine about how much they've been through when really, the burden they've had to carry doesn't even measure up to some younger kids you see sleeping by the sidewalk.

I think we're all missing the point here. To be alive, isn't supposed to be for us to complain endlessly and going around the world only on business trips. No. Being alive, is to make the best out of everything we are blessed with and appreciate what God has glorify this particular planet and galaxy with. I think we're too busy passing each day with so much emptiness and with one eye shut that we're losing so much time that we are never getting back. And I think we go by life everyday, forgetting about that fact.

Humans are so fondly known for taking things for granted. Now I realize we've been taking life for granted.

And I am aware how I get all positive up on your ass one day and go all broody the next. But hey, doesn't that make the two of us? We are all normal beings here, trying to cope with whatever we willingly and unwillingly have to everyday. They key is to bear in mind that whatever it is, life goes on. Because I choose to believe that we are all grown ups here who know that committing suicide is never an option. I do hope I'm right about this though, because I hate hearing people having thoughts of suicidal. I think it is such an unholy and disdainful act, not to mention kind of really immature and pathetic.

And let's just say I've got a weak heart on the mention or even the thought of death.

I always wish the best for people, because I know how ruthless life can get and it feels worse when there's no one we can turn to. Life is unfair, isn't it? People's acts and decisions don't make it any easier sometimes. But as a person we are all at fault here. That is why I always try, with every inch of capability I have in me, to not let someone down and to make them remember that there's still and always will be a reason to live.

Breathe in, breathe out. Life goes on. Days get brighter