Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Greater Than Masses of A Dying Breed

I won't forget the little things we used to do.

I think it's about appreciating, rather than complaining. It's about reminiscing, rather than regretting. It's about making the most out of what we've come up with, rather than hoping for the impossible.

My life has sunken to a new low inadvertently, and for a few days I couldn't even force a smile on my face even if I tried. My laughter was lacking, my humor was somehow non-existent, and my existence was hidden. Or at least at the attempt to.

All I wanted was to be alone, fully knowing that whatever it is I have God watching over me.

I'm leaving the day after tomorrow, and that is by far the best thing for me right now. I need this time away so badly, half hoping it'd give me a chance to revive and invigorate.

Besides, what could possibly beat the winter weather and retail therapy as a so-called rehabilitation?

My birthday's somewhat coming up and I'm turning 18 before I know it. I've confirmed my registration in college and I'm (insyaallah) receiving my driving license probably about a month after I get back from Australia. I have a farewell dinner with my girls and their boys tomorrow night as my two babies are going their separate ways to take a step further towards their well-lit future.

It's all going by so fast.

So here's to the future and whatever that's beyond us, a life more twisted that awaits us and loneliness that screams for our company at certain times. Here's to not knowing, always hoping, and determination for the best that we could ever ask for. Or perhaps more.

I'll drink to that.