Monday, May 21, 2012

Comfort For The Weary Soul

"You're as curious as a young person should be," I've been told. And even that statement made me question its logic. How is that possible, when I thought we were all little Alice's in a big world that we wished were quite the opposite?

I suppose my fascination towards unanswerable questions can be quite disturbing. I remember when I was younger, how I never stopped asking and looking, imagining and creating, touching and tracing, wishfully thinking and a firm believer to my own make-beliefs. I read too many books, watched too much Walt Disney's masterpieces and when I was snuggling up to Mummy and Daddy I watched the love stories they did. All that gave me hope and gave me consequential feelings that made me into the girl I am today.

But who knew a good childhood could lead to messed up teenage years.

I miss being a small girl though, a kid. A child. The little one. Innocence is possibly the most beautiful thing to me that has ever existed, and to have that, to experience that, to live a life of nothing but it, is a life worth living. A life I'd die for. A life I've always only wanted and I wouldn't turn down for the price of fame or money that the world is capable of giving.

No. Innocence is happiness to me. And it is a lifelong dream for me to attain that goal of reaching everlasting innocence and serenity. Inner peace. Hopefully that will be included in my happy ending.