Thursday, January 12, 2012

You Only Live Once



Simplicity.
I'm happy with a good book and a mug of 3-in-1 coffee.
I'm happy with good music playing from my phone and texting with my brains only half functioning.
I'm happy with my comfortable big bed and being tucked under the covers watching quality movies.
I'm happy with lunch from a drive thru with easy-squeezed chilli sitting cross-legged in the car.
I'm happy with a piece of blank paper and pens that merely contain any inks left.
I'm happy with his voice in the morning, being the first thing I wake up to.

Perhaps my life right now isn't a jumble of adventurous nights and hiring a male stripper in Vegas on a random Thursday morn, but I'm contented with this. I could live this way, until I'm hired as a part-timer somewhere I actually like and go to the college of my choice after my 3 weeks trip in Australia. No, life never turns out to be like the ones you see on the big screen at the movies, but sometimes it's enough. It's enough for you to find a reason to actually carry on with life.