Sunday, January 22, 2012

Here We Go Again


and I know I've been running away from much too much and much too soon, and it is not the most expedient thing to do, but I have no other alternative to it.

and I know only fraidy cats run away from feelings instead of facing them, but I figured it was the only bearable thing I could think of doing.

and I know I'm no quitter and that I musn't give up on what I have put faith in, but disappointment has decided to become my best friend and she's not a keeper.

and I know I should stop living in denial and learn to sustain acceptance, but I don't love reality enough to sit through it without any repugnance.

and I know I should not let my past make me worse and change me from who I really am,
because what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Or so it should.