The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched -
they must be felt with the heart.
they must be felt with the heart.
I think we're starting to forget why we were brought into this world. We're missing the point of how fate has drove us to where we are now. Wasn't it once my constant mantra to utter "everything happens for a reason" every now and then? Yes, still makes sense. Still relevant. Still can be implied in my every day life.
Recently, a kid made me realize that the last time I was truly happy, was years ago. And it hit me, that she was right. I still remember going to bed every night, with anticipation of great enthusiasm for the next day, knowing it'd be one hell of a good one. I used to wake up with things and people to look forward to, and a smile that instantly comes up the second I open my eyes. And I'm not even being cliche, that was exactly how it was.
But that was before. And I am aware that the older we get, the more we have to worry about and the less we wake up feeling ecstatic. But that doesn't mean we should neglect the little whoop-de-doos that form a brick-wall happiness in our everyday life. There must be something, even if it is a tiny bit of something that we can take out from everything and let it be one of the things that you can count on when you feel like all else fails. Like for instance, a stranger who gives up his cab for you without any particular reason or while you're driving you catch the sight of a pair of sneakers hanging across the telephone wire and you get excited pointing it to your friend cause it reminds you of a movie you saw when you were a kid.
You know, the little things.
Life is what you make it. Where it goes depends on the path you yourself choose. Sure obstacles come shooting up like the speed of light everytime you feel like you've finally hit jackpot, but hey, maybe that's because whatever you planned on happening, was never meant to be from the start. But no, that doesn't mean you should start regretting because it seems like it's all been only a waste of time for a worthless heartache - for one should always keep in mind, that everything happens for a reason. We may not see what the valid reason could conceivably be now, but sometime soon in the near future after every pieces of the puzzle has been patched up, it'll all be clear then. Crystal clear. Like an old friend once said,
Recently, a kid made me realize that the last time I was truly happy, was years ago. And it hit me, that she was right. I still remember going to bed every night, with anticipation of great enthusiasm for the next day, knowing it'd be one hell of a good one. I used to wake up with things and people to look forward to, and a smile that instantly comes up the second I open my eyes. And I'm not even being cliche, that was exactly how it was.
But that was before. And I am aware that the older we get, the more we have to worry about and the less we wake up feeling ecstatic. But that doesn't mean we should neglect the little whoop-de-doos that form a brick-wall happiness in our everyday life. There must be something, even if it is a tiny bit of something that we can take out from everything and let it be one of the things that you can count on when you feel like all else fails. Like for instance, a stranger who gives up his cab for you without any particular reason or while you're driving you catch the sight of a pair of sneakers hanging across the telephone wire and you get excited pointing it to your friend cause it reminds you of a movie you saw when you were a kid.
You know, the little things.
Life is what you make it. Where it goes depends on the path you yourself choose. Sure obstacles come shooting up like the speed of light everytime you feel like you've finally hit jackpot, but hey, maybe that's because whatever you planned on happening, was never meant to be from the start. But no, that doesn't mean you should start regretting because it seems like it's all been only a waste of time for a worthless heartache - for one should always keep in mind, that everything happens for a reason. We may not see what the valid reason could conceivably be now, but sometime soon in the near future after every pieces of the puzzle has been patched up, it'll all be clear then. Crystal clear. Like an old friend once said,
If it's bitter at the start, it's sweeter in the end. - SR
