Saturday, January 16, 2010

She Left Him Dying To Get In





You're the cream cheese to my bagel! :)

I was flipping through a mag when I reached out for Marguerite. Yeap, CBN's yearbook. Or, they just call it the school magazine. Never took much interest besides my class photo and well, some stories that the lucky students got published in the mag. So I decided to look through alot of other stuff. And, as always, I got myself thinking.

Back then, when enthusiastic 13 till like 17 year olds were learning about teenage life, there were all sorts of people. Types. Cliques. When side fringe was stylish and straight hair was a must have. When taking photos requires a side glance kind of look and covering your face with long fringe was It. Everybody was, well.. naive. Trying hard to fit in. Some desperate to stand out in the wrongest way. Looking back at the past makes me laugh sometimes, but it also makes me smile.

People say this all the time - It's funny how things change. Truth is, it is. Back then, nobody knew what would turn out to be. The next day will always be a mystery. Being popular is all everybody could think of. I mean, who doesn't like to be known? Kids were pushing parents away cause being caught shopping with them isn't cool. In my opinion? What a load of bull. I never take it that way. I mean, ain't gonna lie. I'm not saying I'd like to go clubbing with my mom. Or hit the bars with my dad. But hey, they were the ones who supplies all the things that you need while growing up. So you don't get everything you want. Too bad. At the time yes you'd get all sulky and think life is soo unfair. But, move on. Why live with your lips upside down? Get it upright. Theree's a pretty smile :)

To talk about change, hah. I've said too many things. And who am I to complain. I change, too. And I can't say I get better every time. I live, to make mistakes. To risk myself. And to learn from them. I do go over the line sometimes. And hey, I still survive. I'm not asking you to follow my footsteps. Cause seriously, I'd probably have a wayy better life than this if I were the perfect daughter back then. But oh well, my loss.

And kids of the generation now? Of today? We're still naive, we're still learning, we're still finding a direction. And some of us, are just plain, desperate.

Earth to you-know-who-you-are, you're nothing, if it wasn't for me. Watch out, kid.

No one messes with Hanna.