Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm Not Here For Rage



Maybe you should do what you like when you are down. - S

He's right. So I asked myself, what do I like to do - and then it hit me. Easy. I love to write. Some people take their minds off things by doing sports. Running, soccer, basketball or even swimming. You see when you run, somehow it feels like you're leaving your problems behind. Like you're outrunning reality. And soccer, basketball? Obviously, the ball is the person you hate's head. And when I swim.. I always feel like I'm in another world. Like I'm hiding somewhere secluded. A place not a soul knows of. Others sing, compose songs. A few draw. And I, write.

And I don't do it your way. I do not use big bombastic words, my language is basic and there's probably no edge in my writing. I don't think and write. I write as I think. Word after word appear on papers, computer screen or my phone's screen. I tend to get ideas out of the blue so I jot it down wherever I can. And every single word has to come from my own head, not others.

To me, when you have the urge or need to copy someone else's writing style, then you weren't born to write. Simple. Everyone's capability to write is different. When you write, it gives you the chance to dig your soul for words buried deep inside you. The key is honesty. Maybe with a hint of tactfulness, and not too straightforward, but you've got to open up to yourself.

I adore writing in the right weather, perfect dim lighting with earphones plugged in. And there's something about writing early in the morning.. I feel so calm, collected. I know a new day's ahead and there are a whole lot of things to expect. But right now, this very moment, life is sublime. And I don't even need anyone here. 

Passionate. That's one of the things you describe me as and I love that.