Tuesday, April 17, 2012

This Is Goodbye

I loved you, despite the fact that you always disappointed me and made me feel worthless.

I loved you, despite your temper and how you would get outraged over the smallest of things.

I loved you, despite how unfair you can be and how everything I did seemed wrong to you.

I loved you, despite your irrationality and how you never listen to anybody other than yourself.

I loved you, despite your disrespect towards people and how carelessly you hurt others feelings.

I loved you, despite the nights we screamed in the phone and how our well spent day would just go to waste.

I loved you, despite how you took me for granted and how unappreciated you made me feel.

I loved you, despite the fact that you never looked at the good side of things and could never accept my optimism.

I loved you, despite how constantly you put me in moments of frustration, leaving me trying hard as I might to pull myself together.

I loved you, despite the accusations and assumptions you threw at me as if I'm anything like the ones from your past.

I loved you, despite how you always expected me to give in to you, but how you always gave me a hard time for the minor wrongs I did.

I loved you, despite the way you've never given me the space I needed and the sacrifices I've had to make, for your sake.

I loved you, despite how you always blamed your trust issues for never being able to trust me, being completely ignorant of my past and how broken it has made me.

I loved you, despite how easily you gave up on making me stay but always expected me to fight for us and never leave you.

I loved you, despite your selfishness and how not once have you ever considered my feelings.

I loved you, for being the person that always knew how to keep me smiling and laughing and happy. For being the person who made me fall in love again. For being the person who made me feel safe. For being the person who became my everyday routine.

I loved you, flaws and all.

But I can't be the only one fighting, and I can't be the only one stomaching the shitty feelings you never fail to give me.

I love you, and once a person loves they can never just stop having that feeling promptly. So I shall always love you.

But I'm tired of this battle. I can't do this anymore. And this time, it's final.

I'm done.