I'll never forget that moment.
When I strolled down that alley with John Mayer keeping me company, and how it was overcrowded with people walking towards every direction - minding their own business with different thoughts lingering in their heads.
I felt like a foreigner. People must've thought I was one. The way I took in everything as if I was seeing it all for the first time, and how I just stood there and stared at one of city's attractions. Something that has always been there for much too long but I never bothered to appreciate.
But that is the problem with humans, like with people, we always take things for granted thinking it'd always be there. It's permanent, it will remain unmoved and there's no use of taking a minute of your day to just acknowledge it. Show a little bit of gratitude.
Just keep me where the light is..
Although things weren't perfect, but for once, everything felt enough. How my day went, what happened in between, the people in it, and how it made me feel, was enough for me to feel completely at ease.
And I heard myself saying, "I haven't felt this contented, in so long."
It was, you know, one of those little infinite moments.
And that is exactly what I live for. Not worldly materialistic things, not a picture perfect face, not phenomenal skills, not unbeatable power, not a scarless heart.
I live for beautiful infinite moments. Because I believe in achieving, instead of just receiving. Nothing can beat the feeling of actually reaching somewhere out of your own hard work, obtaining happiness after all the sadness life throws at you.
Only then, would we humans treasure the little things in life.
To feel, to love, to give, and to accept.
When I strolled down that alley with John Mayer keeping me company, and how it was overcrowded with people walking towards every direction - minding their own business with different thoughts lingering in their heads.
I felt like a foreigner. People must've thought I was one. The way I took in everything as if I was seeing it all for the first time, and how I just stood there and stared at one of city's attractions. Something that has always been there for much too long but I never bothered to appreciate.
But that is the problem with humans, like with people, we always take things for granted thinking it'd always be there. It's permanent, it will remain unmoved and there's no use of taking a minute of your day to just acknowledge it. Show a little bit of gratitude.
Just keep me where the light is..
Although things weren't perfect, but for once, everything felt enough. How my day went, what happened in between, the people in it, and how it made me feel, was enough for me to feel completely at ease.
And I heard myself saying, "I haven't felt this contented, in so long."
It was, you know, one of those little infinite moments.
And that is exactly what I live for. Not worldly materialistic things, not a picture perfect face, not phenomenal skills, not unbeatable power, not a scarless heart.
I live for beautiful infinite moments. Because I believe in achieving, instead of just receiving. Nothing can beat the feeling of actually reaching somewhere out of your own hard work, obtaining happiness after all the sadness life throws at you.
Only then, would we humans treasure the little things in life.
To feel, to love, to give, and to accept.
