Trying to squash a rumor is like trying to unring a bell.
Rumors and gossips. Aren't we all blessed by the existence of it. Although we tend to go ballistic every time one that's related to us is started and spread, we still can't resist wanting to know someone else's.
People of every age are thrown with this misfortune but the one with the most juicy ones are involving, ah yes, us daredevils teenagers. Not trying to sound like Gossip Girl, but don't we all love a good gossip. From an innocent Indian losing her virginity at the age of 16 to a known school slut turning lesbian. Sounds familiar? Yes chaps and hoes, the beauty of rumors. It gets to the most unexpected places; everywhere.
But what's a gossip without the real story? Here's a little heads up, nobody cares. They run with what they have had enough to hear and here comes the best part - adding, exaggerating, and spreading. What we never know is that there's always someone among the gossipers who knows the whole truth. She's probably the one who leaked the goss, or the one who had to swore to secrecy and got the whole 411 about the actual story.
It's always easy dealing with naives. People with manipulative skills like lets say.. me, can get away with knowing everything. Don't get me wrong, I'm a terrific secret keeper unless you make me decide to be a bitch to you. But really, it's amusing how people I barely say a word to can let the truth flow out of one's mouth just with a knowing line of words and a laid back you-can-trust-me-cause-I-don't-really-give-a-damn face. Am I making myself sound like a bitchy hypocrite? Ah pardon me, I'm really not like that. Like any other girl, some just don't admit it, I just have my moments :) Besides, with me, there's no harm done.
Here's a little reminder, my gorgeous earthlings;
If you reveal your secrets to the wind,
you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
