Thursday, February 28, 2013

It's Time To Leave Those Feelings Behind


Everywhere I go, everything I see reminds me of you.
From buildings to beds, and kittens to the skies, the feelings I fondly remember and sometimes despise -
because memories only mean they're things that can't be relived.
When things were good, they were really great.
But the rush of disappointment that constantly comes a'knocking reminds me of the reason why things are the way they are now.
Weighing the good times and the bad doesn't seem fair, because I do not want to look back years from now and remember you as a destroyer, rather than a great lover.
Because honestly, that's what you were.
And what we had was as real as it could ever get.
And in this moment, sitting in a small comfortable space while I write about you, grateful is what I am for being able to have met someone like you.