Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Definition Of Perfection


At 1247 AM last night, I felt peaceful. My soul was at ease. I haven't had that feeling for a long time and the times when I thought I was happy, I must've forgotten about that feeling. No I wasn't partying at the hottest night event of the year nor did I have someone hugging me from the back. I was alone, I was in my night dress, I was feeling feverish, I was in my kitchen, I had my hair tied up in a high bun, I had a mug of hot milo in my hands, and I was kept warm in a grey sweater.

But it felt right. Everything felt right. The world was a big beautiful place to me and each and everyone was God's finest creation. And I only had one expression. A serene smile on my face. And I didn't have to fake it. I felt pure, innocent, and just plain wonderful.

And I only have you to thank.