Nostalgia:(n.) A sentimental yearning for the happiness of a former place or time.
There's something about sitting alone, nowhere near another soul and allowing your thoughts to drift away by the help of music, and the cold gently touching your visible skin. Most people complain about loneliness and boredom - I make the most out of it.
I find myself very odd, for I revel in emotional nights and even after an enraptured day, I would drown myself in the saddest melodies and choose to look back on things, and fear the future. Not that it's a daily routine, no. I'm almost always happy lately and my days may go haywire towards the ending but never have I once went to bed bitter for the past month. And again, I thank God the almighty for blessing me with such luck.
I guess I'm just sucking it all in, right now. The Ending. An ending to almost everything. High School. Acquaintances. Comfort zone. Familiarity. Weekly routines. Being spoon-fed. Homework. Night classes. More specifically, the easy life. When we were going through all these, we all thought life was hard. But little did we know, the world has so much more for us in store. And in just a few more ticks and tocks made by the clock, we'd be experiencing it ourselves.
Nothing is more terrifying than the future, as it is the only thing that we have no control over. And time. We have no control over time.
The beginning of this year was just like any other year - the same mixture of anxiety and enthusiasm. But the next January 1st wouldn't be the same, because for the first time after 5 years, I wouldn't have anything definite to count on. At least, for now that's how it feels like. Or maybe I'm just giving my feelings a little scare.
I'm too caught up with my own emotions. The person who's reading this might be tempted to recommend me a psychologist.
