Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Know Your Worth


We all know life is about finding out who we really are. But I believe it is also about knowing how much we're worth. Along the road we tend to meet people who would belittle us, make us feel small - not in the sense of feeling intimidated but making us feel that we should accept the love, or the attention, or the label that we think we deserve. But then again, sometimes we get the privilege of meeting the people who are able to boost our self-esteem, who think highly of us, and make us feel that we deserve more, and that we are worthy of nothing but the best.

Truth is, I think we are all just a little lost. We have yet figured out the true worth of our being and we sometimes need somebody else to show us just how much our worth is, and how we shouldn't be lowering it just because someone wrong who entered our life has managed to drag us down. 

I had to learn it the hard way. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one. We've all been in relationships and had/have friends/frienemies who would kill to see us fall, or maybe like to make us feel bad about ourselves. In a period of time I lost my sense of worth, and for a while I thought I completely lost my pride and dignity as well. People naturally look down on others who intentionally put themselves on a low standard, and we can't blame them. We put ourselves in that position. Or at least I did. For a while. 

Thankfully, I regained sanity and found out that I am worth more than I thought I did. I knew I deserved better. And I musn't let anybody take my pride away from me. 

So ladies and gents, maintain your standards. Keep your chin up. Do not give in to insecure boyfriends, backstabbing friends or even the society you're stuck in that'd do anything to witness your downfall. Stay true to the person your parents raised you as and run away from any unnecessary situations that will make you wonder if you're really worth so little.

Because in contrary to your possibly low self-esteem belief, you are worth more than you think you are.