Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Girl Who Sold The World



I have faith in fingerprints, hand-holding, photographs and eyelid kisses.


It's been a crazy ride. I am astounded by how things work in this little world of ours. Who knew happiness could be a constant thing? Sure, there are things that upset me here and there, every now and then but just what do you do, to things like those you ask me? Push it aside. Brush it off. Don't sweat the small stuff. Life is definitely too short for that.


But then again, this is where I tell you I'm scared. Shitless. Because although we've been told there's always a rainbow after the storm, we also know the clouds can turn grey and pour down heavy rain, even though the sun might be shining like anything in the middle of the day. 


Life is unpredictable. 


I realized something about myself. I'm the type of girl who lives for the present. And I'm not sure if that's a good thing. Not that I'm ignorant about my future, but I live by the day. If you know what I mean. And today, I'm only looking forward to seeing my lovelies. And the reason of my constant happiness. Thankful and grateful, I really am. 


I just wish some things didn't change. And that I could look at some particular people the way I did before.